[squid-users] Re: RE : [squid-users] Squid vs WCCPv2 - Need help involving interpretation in Wireshark

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 22:44:25 +1300

Yanis Sauvé wrote:

> [...]

Uhm, thats not what I recall seeing. You may need to check that they are
being gre-decapsulated by iptables.

The easy way is to set Squid debugging level "debug_options 5,6". When
working you should be able to see the client connections being
accept()ed by Squid.

> So, in other words, the problem is likely in the way iptables handles
> the packets, or in squid itself?
>
> >Yes. In wireshark the gre interface is not visible. gre interface is
> >unwrapping packets then re-scheduling them through the OS routing stack
> >as if they arrived on the primary interface. In your case it sounds like
> >the main one is eth0/bond0.
> >The only way I know of identifying the exact handling interface is
> >logging from ebtables or watching the receiving interface counters grow.
>
> Would this mean that I can see the interface in WS, but see no packets
> coming in through it?

Well, in the two traces I've worked through for interception that has
been the case. The interface counters raise, but WS saw the
decapsulated data.

Amos

--
Please be using