Re: [squid-users] Performance tips for accelerator setup

From: Markus Meyer <markus.meyer_at_koeln.de>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 17:46:43 +0100

Markus Meyer schrieb:
> What is your reason for using heap LRU?
> I've heard/read this before that it performs better than LRU. So it's on
> my todo-list. But I would like to understand better why heap LRU should
> be better.

One idea I have is to use two different replacement policies for memory
and disks:

mem - Heap GSDF: fast and small objects preferred. Better to have more
small objects in memory than to read them from disk.

disk - Heap LFUDA: fast and more popular pictures, more "hot" content,
is preferred.

But that's just a wild guess.

Markus