Re: [squid-users] Performance tips for accelerator setup

From: Markus Meyer <markus.meyer_at_koeln.de>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2010 14:12:48 +0100

Amos Jeffries schrieb:
>> Markus Meyer wrote:
>> mem - Heap GSDF: fast and small objects preferred. Better to have more
>> small objects in memory than to read them from disk.
>>
>> disk - Heap LFUDA: fast and more popular pictures, more "hot" content,
>> is preferred.
>
> I'd add a COSS directory for best access to the small items going to disk.

Hmm, currently I use 4x 80 GB AUFS directories. Should I completely
replace them with COSS. What I could understand from the Wiki one should
combine them with AUFS for bigger files. But what sizes are
recommendable here for max file size in COSS and what should the overall
size be?

> Also, you may want to use CARP from the parents to siblings. That will

We already have such a kind of balancing. We assign specific URLs to
specific proxy triples. So that they always get the same requests.
Nothing fancy but it works ;)

> If you are using ICP between the siblings, try HTCP for better peer HITS.

I switched from ICP to exchanging the cache digest some time ago. Less
chatter between the Squid triples and we still have a good peer cache
ratio. But I might check HTCP. Allthough I fear that overhead of HTCP
compared to ICP outweighs the better hit rate.

Cheers, Markus