[squid-users] Fwd: how to use squid external_acl_type to enforce policy based authentication

From: kiran kumar <cnvkiran_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2010 16:40:50 -0800

Dear All,

I'm trying to use "external_acl_type" with squid3-stable-19 to enforce
user Authentication. I don't want to authenticate every request but
have Squid talk to my policy framework before deciding either to
authenticate or skip authentication for the request. The policy will
be based on source-ip of the request. Is there a way to do this in
Squid? I was hoping Squid to use the return value of external helper
program to enforce authentication.

I do not want to configure this statically in squid.conf as the
policies keep changing.\

Thanks in Advance,

Kiran