Re: [squid-users] two different proxy parent with 2 different port

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 11:59:28 +1300

Franco, Battista wrote:
> Hello
>
> My Company changed the parent Proxy
>
> So parent proxy for normal activity is ParentProxy_1 (see my line below)
>
> cache_peer ParentProxy_1 parent 8080 0 default
>
> and SSL traffic ParentProxy_2 on port 8084
>
> I tried to add the following line on my squid.conf
>
> cache_peer ParentProxy_2 parent 8084 0 proxy-only

Which configure HTTP on port 8084 to the parent. Halfway there.

NP: Bonus points for guessing what keyword option name you need to add
to make it do SSL.

Then of course, how do you tell what traffic is meant to go through each
of the links? Order of the lines is important, and you may need
cache_peer_access to control things properly.

Amos

--
Please be using
   Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.15