[squid-users] Stripping REALM from squid_kerb_auth

From: Matt Richards <matt_at_mattstone.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 16:12:24 +0000

Hello,

I have just setup a squid proxy with squid_kerb_auth and have noticed, in
the logs, that the user is login_at_REALM which isn't helpful in a number of
cases, mainly with helper applications not being able to find the logins.

Previously I had a similar issue with ntlm_auth where DOMAIN\login was
getting returned from the authentication process but I edited the source
code and took off the DOMAIN\ part.

Is there any options that can be set against squid_kerb_auth that will make
it strip off the kerberos realm? Or am I going to have to trail through the
source code and try to make sense of whats going on?

Cheers,

Matt.