[squid-users] squid ntlm issues

From: Chris Boczko <Christopher.Boczko_at_chemdry.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 11:09:50 -0000

Hello list,

I'm having problems with my new squid box (i've finally upgraded to 2.7
:)), but i'm having problems making my ruleset work quiet right.

I have some apps that can use a proxy, but don't provide any
authentication whatsoever, this wasn't a problem with the old box
(2.5Stable), i just allowed the sites before the auth required
statements, but on the new 2.7, it seems to just respond with 407 - auth
required.

I'm authenticating users against AD with

# NTLM Auth Parameters
auth_param ntlm program /usr/bin/ntlm_auth
--helper-protocol=squid-2.5-ntlmssp
auth_param ntlm children 10
auth_param ntlm keep_alive off

auth_param basic program /usr/bin/ntlm_auth
--helper-protocol=squid-2.5-basic
auth_param basic children 10
auth_param basic realm "Chemdry UK Ltd - Internet Access -
Authentication Required"
auth_param basic credentialsttl 2 hours
auth_param basic casesensitive off
# Enable group lookup

external_acl_type ntgroup %LOGIN
/usr/lib/squid/wbinfo_group.pl

# Define ACL's

acl admingroup external ntgroup "/etc/squid/inetadmin"
acl xweball external ntgroup "/etc/squid/xweball"
acl scotlandusers external ntgroup "/etc/squid/xwebscott"
acl Authenticated proxy_auth REQUIRED

pulling in my acl with

acl allowedsites url_regex -i "/etc/squid/allowedsites"

then allowing access with

# allow allowedsite
http_access allow allowedsites

# Allow internet pc to access blacklisted sites
http_access allow internetpc allsites

# deny if you havent authd

http_access deny !Authenticated
http_access deny !Safe_ports
http_access deny CONNECT !Safe_ports

http_access allow xweball all

Authenticated users can access the internet just fine, but whenever
these apps try to access the internet they are getting a 407 - auth
required, and dying.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Kind Regards,
Christopher Boczko