[squid-users] Client browser perpetually 'Loading'

From: Dave Coventry <dgcoventry_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 21:32:48 +0200

Hi,

2 of my users access my server through the same ISP who (I presume) uses Squid.

Sometimes the browser connects with no problem, but both of these
users have sporadic occurrences of the browser stalling. (It just says

My Server runs from our office but the National Telcoms Provider does
not believe in static IPs, (we are in South Africa) therefore we have
to run a Dyndns account to keep track of our IP.

My theory is that the Clients' ISP is caching our content and causing the stall.

Rebooting the Server's ADSL modem/router allows both of these users to
re-access the server and my theory is that the change of IP address
after the reboot bypasses the clients' ISP's cache.

What I would like to know is if there is any way for the clients to
clear the cache? Not the browser cache, but the squid cache on the
ISP's machine.

Alternatively, if you feel that my theory is a pile of horse, could
you suggest what else might be happening?

Thank you,

Dave Coventry