[squid-users] RE: libsmb/ntlmssp.c:ntlmssp_update(334)

From: Dawie Pretorius <dawie_at_tradebridge.co.za>
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2010 08:12:03 +0200

Is it possible that someone can get back to me on this issue, thanks

Dawie Pretorius

Hello

Getting this error sometimes in my cache.log:

[2010/01/28 14:23:58, 1] libsmb/ntlmssp.c:ntlmssp_update(334)
  got NTLMSSP command 3, expected 1
2010/01/28 14:25:51| AuthConfig::CreateAuthUser: Unsupported or unconfigured/inactive proxy-auth scheme, ''

Gentoo squid-3.0.STABLE19

squid.conf:

#Recommended minimum configuration:
acl manager proto cache_object
acl localhost src 127.0.0.1/32
acl to_localhost dst 127.0.0.0/8 0.0.0.0/32
#
# Example rule allowing access from your local networks.
# Adapt to list your (internal) IP networks from where browsing
# should be allowed
acl localnet src 10.0.0.0/8 # RFC1918 possible internal network
acl localnet src 172.16.0.0/12 # RFC1918 possible internal network
acl localnet src 192.168.0.0/16 # RFC1918 possible internal network
#
acl SSL_ports port 443
acl Safe_ports port 80 # http
acl Safe_ports port 21 # ftp
acl Safe_ports port 443 # https
acl Safe_ports port 70 # gopher
acl Safe_ports port 210 # wais
acl Safe_ports port 1025-65535 # unregistered ports
acl Safe_ports port 280 # http-mgmt
acl Safe_ports port 488 # gss-http
acl Safe_ports port 591 # filemaker
acl Safe_ports port 777 # multiling http
acl Safe_ports port 901 # SWAT
acl purge method PURGE
acl CONNECT method CONNECT

# TAG: http_access
# Allowing or Denying access based on defined access lists
#
# Access to the HTTP port:
# http_access allow|deny [!]aclname ...
#
# NOTE on default values:
#
# If there are no "access" lines present, the default is to deny
# the request.
#
# If none of the "access" lines cause a match, the default is the
# opposite of the last line in the list. If the last line was
# deny, the default is allow. Conversely, if the last line
# is allow, the default will be deny. For these reasons, it is a
# good idea to have an "deny all" or "allow all" entry at the end
# of your access lists to avoid potential confusion.
#
#Default:
# http_access deny all
#
#Recommended minimum configuration:
#
# Only allow cachemgr access from localhost
http_access allow manager localhost
http_access deny manager
# Only allow purge requests from localhost
http_access allow purge localhost
http_access deny purge
# Deny requests to unknown ports
http_access deny !Safe_ports
# Deny CONNECT to other than SSL ports
http_access deny CONNECT !SSL_ports
#
# We strongly recommend the following be uncommented to protect innocent
# web applications running on the proxy server who think the only
# one who can access services on "localhost" is a local user
#http_access deny to_localhost
#
# INSERT YOUR OWN RULE(S) HERE TO ALLOW ACCESS FROM YOUR CLIENTS

auth_param ntlm program /usr/bin/ntlm_auth --helper-protocol=squid-2.5-ntlmssp
auth_param ntlm children 150
auth_param ntlm keep_alive on

acl AuthorizedUsers proxy_auth REQUIRED
http_access allow AuthorizedUsers

# Example rule allowing access from your local networks.
# Adapt localnet in the ACL section to list your (internal) IP networks
# from where browsing should be allowed
#http_access allow localnet

# Allow the localhost to have access by default
http_access allow localhost

# And finally deny all other access to this proxy
http_access deny all

I need to know what causes this error and how to fix it, please?

Dawie Pretorius
senior linux engineer

tradebridge

direct tel +27 11 581 1349
e-mail dawie_at_tradebridge.co.za
web www.tradebridge.co.za

Note: Privileged/Confidential information may be contained in this message and may be subject to legal privilege. Access to this e-mail by anyone other than the intended is unauthorised. If you are not the intended recipient (or responsible for delivery of the message to such person), you may not use, copy, distribute or deliver to anyone this message (or any part of its contents ) or take any action in reliance on it. All reasonable precautions have been taken to ensure no viruses are present in this e-mail. As our company cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of this e-mail or attachments we recommend that you subject these to your virus checking procedures prior to use. The views, opinions, conclusions and other information expressed in this electronic mail are not given or endorsed by the company unless otherwise indicated by an authorized representative independent of this message.