Re: [squid-users] deny_info not working when use NTLM auth

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 04 Feb 2010 22:53:07 +1300

Leonardo Dantas Oliveira wrote:
> Hello All,

<snip>

> My question is:
>
> When I create a rule like this
>
> auth_param ntlm program /usr/bin/ntlm_auth --helper-protocol=squid-2.5-ntlmssp
>
> acl proxy_auth leo leo

I hope that was a typo of your actualt squid.conf content:

   acl leo proxy_auth leo

> deny_info ERR_ACCESS_DENIED leo
> http_access deny leo
>

> What happens, rather than show the access denied page, is asking user
> and password (as basic mode, instead of NTLM), but I want to be shown
> to Access Denied page (ERR_ACCESS_DENIED)!

Yes. This is how authentication works. When challenged to send correct
login the browsers ignore the text body of the page you send back and
display a popup instead so the user can enter the new login details.

Use this:
  http_access deny leo all

Amos

--