[squid-users] Multiple Squid on the same machine with TProxy

From: Felipe W Damasio <felipewd_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2010 19:16:41 -0200

  Hi All,

  I followed the tip from squid wiki to run multiple squid instances
on the same in order to use multiple cores (I'm running squid on an
eight-core processor).

  Following:

http://wiki.squid-cache.org/MultipleInstances

   I was able to get the 2nd instance of squid up and running.

   And on the first squid, I directed the traffic from
windowsupdate.com and other cache-busy domains to the second squid.

   I used cache_peer_access and it worked fine.

   However, the http_port on both squid instances use TProxy, and it
didn't work. It only worked if I used no-tproxy no cache_peer.

   But if I use no-tproxy, the second squid instance doesn't go out
with the outgoing address of the client...which is a problem.

   Is there a way to get the best of both worlds? :)

   Thank you in advance,

Felipe Damasio