Re: [squid-users] BUG !? swap.state: (13) Permission denied ...

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 07 Feb 2010 11:56:51 +1300

Riccardo Castellani wrote:
> I'm using Squid 2.7 Stable in Debian Sarge environment, when I tried to
> restart Squid service but process died.
> I got this message in cache.log : "swap.state: (13) Permission denied ..."
> First to restart I send killall -HUP squid. What happened ?!

You killed Squid before it completed writing and setting ownership
details for the new swap.state file.

Erase the swap.state file and start Squid again as you normally would.
Have some patience this time because the startup may take a long time to
regenerate the content of swap.state from on-disk information.

Amos

--
Please be using
   Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.16