[squid-users] Squid: reverse proxy security advantages

From: Alejandro Facultad <alejandro_facultad_at_yahoo.com.ar>
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2010 22:14:23 -0300

Dear all, I have a webmail which must be accesed by users from another
network.

The content of the webmail is not static obviously, so the content caching
is not an advantage here. Also the webmail is just one server, not load
balancing is important here.

So are there any security advantage of using a Squid as a reverse proxy in
front of my webmail ??? Because I can't see any security benefit...

Thanks a lot

Alejandro