Re: [squid-users] Re: Re: Re:Problem with SQUID_KERB_LDAP

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 00:03:53 +1300

Fruehauf wrote:
> So far, i test it with IE8 and Firefox 3.5
>
> When i test it with IE6, no popup occurs and i get immediately the error
> message.
> Therefore i have this problem with all browsers .

What? No. Therefore ... you have a problem with IE6.

Which makes sense, since IE6 is not capable of Kerberos authentication
and displays an error page instead.
The other two you tested are capable of Kerberos and will use it as
requested by that same page.

> The best way would be, that always a popup appear, when i start a new
> browser session and the user have to authentication on the domain,
> cause, i have not only domain clients, i work with workgroup clients
> too. I thought, i take the right howto therefore. What have i to change,
> to get always the authentication screen?

You need to change the web browser being used. It was a bug in IE6 (lack
of Kerberos support) which has been fixed by Microsoft in their IE7 and
IE8 releases.

Amos

--
Please be using