[squid-users] using parent cache and parent dns

From: im notreal <imnotreal123_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2010 07:52:39 -0500

Basically here is my setup:

I have a cache located on an oil rig
down south and one in the home office.  There is a dns in the home
office that I don't have access to on the rig, and there is one on the
rig.  There are webservers in both locations (management and control
stuff) that I need access to.  What I'd like to do is be able to
forward requests to the parent without having to resolve them locally.

if
i do a dns_nameserver 127.0.0.1 I won't be able to split the requests
between both sites (i.e. !somewebserver.local won't be resolved locally
and will fail)

ideas ?

Tim
http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/201469227/direct/01/