[squid-users] Redirecting user based on user agent string or incoming URL

From: Reuben S. <reuben_at_wikihow.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2010 16:03:11 -0800

Hi,

I have an existing url_rewrite_program script which redirects the user
based on the host they came in on. I also want to redirect the user
to different URLs based on their user agent string (for example, if
the string has the word "iphone" in it). Does anyone know how I'd
accomplish this with a single url_rewrite_program? I've checked out a
few squid options, but I haven't found what I'm looking for yet.
Should I be using urlgroups or something?

I've found some information on how to do this, but no details. For
instance, this email says what I'd like to do is possible, but doesn't
say how:

http://www.squid-cache.org/mail-archive/squid-users/200803/0802.html

Thanks,

Reuben