Re: [squid-users] Authentication Browser Dialog

From: Chris Robertson <crobertson_at_gci.net>
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 2010 16:32:19 -0900

Christian Weiligmann wrote:
> Am Dienstag, den 09.02.2010, 17:10 +1300 schrieb Amos Jeffries:
>
>> Christian Weiligmann wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> i use the squidproxy over 10 years, an i am very happy to have this
>>> programm for internet access, the user may look different about
>>> this.....
>>> But, I have a demand concerning the authentication dialogs
>>>
>>> I want to authenticate the internet access for my users by mysql
>>> backend, but not with a browser dialog, else with a webpage.
>>>
>>> Similar to the question "Re: [squid-users] Proxy subscription on-line"
>>> where is the error page, i can modify?
>>>
>>> Thanks a lot for viewing and please give me a answer...
>>>

>> So ... what error page? in response to what action? in which squid
>> version? under what circumstances? with what information?
>>
>> Amos
>>

> Hello,
>
> I'am using the Squid 2.6.18-1ubuntu3 with non-transparent on Ubuntu LTS
> 8.04.04. .
> I want to use for my authentication process a website and i don't want
> to use the authenticate dialog in the browser. Is this possible?
>
> My "Similar to the quest...." is written because i have understood as
> the same question from me.... sorry.
>
> Thank you for answer!

Using external_acl_type
(http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/config/external_acl_type/) and deny_info
(http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/config/deny_info/) you can redirect
those clients that are not authenticated to the page that performs the
authentication. Your external_acl_type can return a username which will
be used in the logs.

Perhaps my response to a similar query at
http://www.squid-cache.org/mail-archive/squid-users/201001/0331.html
will give you a good starting point.

Chris