Re: [squid-users] Read, Clean, Cache, Re-Serve a Blog

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 18:49:58 +1300

Grover Cleveland wrote:
> I want to create a single purpose website to:
>
> 1. Read in a libelous blog
> 2. Strip the web-bugs and traffic analytics
> 3. Cache the sterile version
> 4. Serve the sterile version. Untouched by me except for removal of
> bugs and analytic devices
>
> Goals
>
> 1. Reduce page views that the blog author sees
> 2. Protect privacy of readers
>
> The blog is not read by many.. the author has used social engineering
> to backtrack and harrass readers.

Nasty. I'd advise you to advertise such bad netizen behavior and
encourage the readership to protect themselves by shunning the abuser.

If you can prove the libelous nature you claim then complain. The blog
hosts and resource providers, and the bloggers ISP have an obligation to
disconnect them, and often leave themselves grounds in contracts to do so.

> Would Squid to suitable to this task? Would this be hard for a
> newbie? Recommended reading or other ideas?

Squid is a proxy not a web server. It does not alter a single byte of
the content in transit beyond the basic compression/decompression
required to send something. End-to-end the content remains accurate.

What you are asking us to advise on is an illegal copyright violation.
Sorry, can't help any further.

Amos

--
Please be using