Re: [squid-users] Missing Cache on Requests.

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 19:00:31 +1300

John Villa wrote:
> Hello,
> I have finished setting up squid but I do not believe it is working
> properly. It appears as though when request are made they are missing
> the cache;
>
> I am running squid3 with a pretty much out of the box config and a few
> refresh_pattern variables.
> Any help would be great.
> Thanks,
> -John

A large 50-60% of objects can be expected to miss the cache. Due to the
design of their websites or the fact you have not visited the site
recently enough to use the cached object.

You need to look at the exact URLs producing TCP_MISS and check out why
they are that way.
   http://redbot.org can help with that.

NP: facebook and google hosted websites are known to be very cache
unfriendly.

Amos

--
Please be using