RE: [squid-users] cache manager access from web

From: J. Webster <webster_jack_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 10:57:58 +0000

As a side note....

>> http_access allow ncsa_users
>> http_access allow manager localhost
>> http_access allow manager cacheadmin
>> http_access deny manager

cache_manager access (any access, really) is already allowed to
ncsa_users, no matter if they are accessing from localhost,
88.xxx.xxx.xx9 or any other IP. You might want to have a gander at the
FAQ section on ACLs (http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/SquidAcl).

Doesn't the fact that the manager needs a password in previous config lines mean that they can't access it?
the ncsa_users is only for http access?

Got a cool Hotmail story? Tell us now
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/195013117/direct/01/