Re: [squid-users] Ongoing Running out of filedescriptors

From: Luis Daniel Lucio Quiroz <luis.daniel.lucio_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 10:50:21 -0600

Le Mardi 9 Février 2010 19:34:13, Amos Jeffries a écrit :
> On Tue, 9 Feb 2010 17:39:37 -0600, Luis Daniel Lucio Quiroz
>
> <luis.daniel.lucio_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> > Le Mardi 9 Février 2010 17:29:23, Landy Landy a écrit :
> >> I don't know what to do with my current squid, I even upgraded to
> >> 3.0.STABLE21 but, the problem persist every three days:
> >>
> >> /usr/local/squid/sbin/squid -v
> >> Squid Cache: Version 3.0.STABLE21
> >> configure options: '--prefix=/usr/local/squid'
>
> '--sysconfdir=/etc/squid'
>
> >> '--enable-delay-pools' '--enable-kill-parent-hack' '--disable-htcp'
> >> '--enable-default-err-language=Spanish' '--enable-linux-netfilter'
> >> '--disable-ident-lookups' '--localstatedir=/var/log/squid3.1'
> >> '--enable-stacktraces' '--with-default-user=proxy' '--with-large-files'
> >> '--enable-icap-client' '--enable-async-io' '--enable-storeio=aufs'
> >> '--enable-removal-policies=heap,lru' '--with-maxfd=32768'
> >>
> >> I built with --with-maxfd=32768 option but, when squid is started it
>
> says
>
> >> is working with only 1024 filedescriptor.
> >>
> >> I even added the following to the squid.conf:
> >>
> >> max_open_disk_fds 0
> >>
> >> But it hasn't resolve anything. I'm using squid on Debian Lenny. I
>
> don't
>
> >> know what to do. Here's part of cache.log:
> <snip logs>
>
> > You got a bug! that behaivor happens when a coredump occurs in squid,
> > please
> > file a ticket with gdb output, rice debug at maximum if you can.
>
> WTF are you talking about Luis? None of the above problems have anything
> to do with crashing Squid.
>
> They are in order:
>
> "WARNING! Your cache is running out of filedescriptors"
> * either the system limits being set too low during run-time operation.
> * or the system limits were too small during the configure and build
> process.
> -> Squid may drop new client connections to maintain lower than desired
> traffic levels.
>
> NP: patching the kernel headers to artificially trick squid into
> believing the kernel supports more by default than it does is not a good
> solution. The ulimit utility exists for that purpose instead.
> <snip kernel patch>
>

> "Unsupported method attempted by 172.16.100.83"
> * The machine at 172.16.100.83 is pushing non-HTTP data into Squid.
> -> Squid will drop these connections.
>
> "clientNatLookup: NF getsockopt(SO_ORIGINAL_DST) failed: (2) No such file
> or directory"
> * NAT interception is failing to locate the NAT table entries for some
> client connection.
> * usually due to configuring the same port with "transparent" option and
> regular traffic.
> -> for now Squid will treat these connections as if the directly
> connecting box was the real client. This WILL change in some near future
> release.
>

> As you can see in none of those handling operations does squid crash or
> core dump.

> [...]

Amos, that is the exactly behaivor I did have with a bug, dont you remember
the DIGEST bug that makes squid restart internaly? HNO did help me, but the
fact is that is a symptom of a coredump internal restart because he complains
his sq is already compilled with more than 1024.

After retarting, I did have 1024 descriptors, no matters i did compile with
64k FDs.