Re: [squid-users] high load issues

From: Justin Lintz <jlintz_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 13:49:47 -0500

> dont top list,
>
> we have seveal heavy load squids, and we realized that sometimes inet surf is
> slow, we've discovered that  it is because IO (as you see in your top command
> more than 1% of IO waiting), so we purge our cache to dont let it rise
> cache_swap_high percentage very often

The iowait time is more than 1%, at times between 20-50%. We've tried
purging the cache a few times but that only appears to give temporary
relief to the issue. I was looking to tune our configuration more
before ruling out the need for more caching servers or looking into
faster disks for just the cache.