Re: [squid-users] squid + dansguardian + auth

From: Jose Ildefonso Camargo Tolosa <ildefonso.camargo_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 14:33:24 -0430

Hi!

On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 9:35 AM, Bruno Ricardo Santos
<bvsantos_at_hal.min-saude.pt> wrote:
> X-Copyrighted-Material
>

> Hi all!
>
> I'm having some trouble configuring squid with auth + dansguardian content filter.
>
> It's all configured, but when i try to browse, i get an error:
>
> Dansguardian 400
> URL malformed
>
> Does authentication (and dansguardian filter) only works with transparent proxy or do i have some configuration wrong ?
>
> If i configure the browser to access directly to the squid port, everything works perfect...

Ok.

> The problem, as i see it, is about the IP dansguardian passes to squid. After a request, dansguardian give squid the local machine IP.

Did you enabled the auth helpers on dansguardian? Also, if squid
works correctly: the problem is on dansguardian, and is, thus,
off-topic for this list, you should write there. Nevertheless, we
have no problem helping, anyway.

> If i change some options in dansguardian, as originalip, i get the error above !
>
> I've tried messing around with the following options:
>
> forwardedfor
>
> usexforwardedfor
On Dansguardian: No, and Yes, but this is another issue.

> and in squid
>
> follow_x_forwarded_for

Yeah, via ACL, only accept these from the dansguardian box (localhost,
most likely).

I hope this helps,

Ildefonso Camargo