[squid-users] Squid reverse in front of an OWA webmail

From: Alejandro Facultad <alejandro_facultad_at_yahoo.com.ar>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 20:12:14 -0300

Dear all, I have a private client network accessing an OWA server (Outlook
Web Access over Exchange) through a Squid proxy in reverse mode:

CLIENT NETWORK -----(HTTP)--------SQUID-------(HTTP)-------OWA

No SSL at all in any path.

The data are:

IP_client_network: 192.168.0.0/16

IP_squid: 10.1.1.1

IP_owa: 10.2.2.2

Domain_name_owa: www.correo.gb

I've done this main configuration in squid.conf:

https_port 10.1.1.1:80 defaultsite=www.correo.gb

cache_peer 10.2.2.2 parent 80 0 no-query originserver login=PASS
name=owaServer

acl OWA dstdomain www.correo.gb

cache_peer_access owaServer allow OWA

never_direct allow OWA

# lock down access to only query the OWA server

http_access allow OWA

http_access deny all

miss_access allow OWA

miss_access deny all

After that when I access through a web browser from the client network and
type http://www.correo.gb, I don't succed and the access.log from squid tell
me this:

192.168.0.22 TCP_MISS/302 584 GET http://www.correo.gb/ -
FIRST_UP_PARENT/owaServer text/html

Please can you help me or give me a more explicit howto on this topic ???

Special thanks,

Alejandro