Re: [squid-users] url_rewrite_program question

From: Chris Robertson <crobertson_at_gci.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 15:42:01 -0900

Landy Landy wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I would like to test something I found on the internet: videocache and thundercache along with squid. Already videocache works great with squid but, thundercache uses the same directive so, I don't know how to use the two of these together. I tried:
>
> url_rewrite_program "/usr/bin/python /usr/share/videocache/videocache.py" "/usr/bin/php /etc/thundercache/load.php"

url_rewrite_program is a global directive that only accepts one script.

> but, this doesn't work.
>
> Any suggestions?

It might be possible to make a wrapper script that takes the normal
information (URL, client_ip "/" fqdn, user, method) and passes the URL
to videocache and/or thundercache (as appropriate or serially feeding
the output of one into the other), but I have no idea about the
efficiency of doing so.

> Thanks in advanced.

Chris