[squid-users] Configuring Squid to proxy by protocol (only http)?

From: Bill Stephens <grapeguy_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 09:45:27 -0500

All,

My institution has a proxy.pac configuration that proxies HTTP traffic
but not HTTPS. This works fine in a browser. When I try to configure
Java to use the proxy it will connect to HTTP URLs just fine and barf
on HTTPS because the proxy changes the protocol on secure requests to
HTTP and our Web Services do not like that.

Can a Squid proxy be configured as follows?
1. HTTP traffic: forward to existing proxy
2. HTTPS traffic: direct connect

Thanks,
Bill S.