[squid-users] Problem with transparent mode to a certain site

From: John Lauro <john.lauro_at_covenanteyes.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 13:22:02 -0500

Hello,

I can't access hotels.com going through a transparent squid box. However,
with a browser set to use the same squid box as a manual proxy configuration
it works fine. Squid version 3.1.0.15. Just running this as a semi
test/production. Our configuration isn't completely standard, as we are
going through haproxy in addition to squid. Can others with squid running in
transparent mode confirm or deny a problem to this site. Unfortunately I
did not write the exact error down (took it out of the loop for now), but
was something about unsupported compression method in the browser (running
on Firefox 3.5.7).