Re: [squid-users] delay pool

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 22:23:58 +1300

Adnan Shahzad wrote:
> Thanks for reply
>
> But how can I limit speed? I have 15 MB Internet speed, and around 1200 Clients.... mean I want to give at least around 512 KB each client
>
> Can you help me how delay pool help me in this regard

http://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/DelayPools covers the feature.

You say that in a very strange way; "limit speed" =?= "give at least".
  The lower limit for speed will always be zero, and Squid can only
affect the upper limit (cap).

15*1024 / 512 == 30 clients at your minimum required speed. With 1200 to
service you better cross your fingers and hope for the best. :)

I really don't think you need to worry about this. Squid will manage
the speed relatively evenly between all simultaneously connected
clients. Regardless of the number.

The only way you are going to be able to guarantee that minimum speed
will be to turn clients way once you get more than 30 simultaneous
connections. Which is perhapse wore than slowing the existing ones down.

You could fake it a bit by using the maxconn ACL type to limit how many
simultaneous connections an IP can have.

Amos

--
Please be using
   Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.16