[squid-users] Difference between "Authenticate_ttl" and "auth_param basic credentialsttl "?

From: Tom Tux <tomtux80_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 14:51:19 +0100

Hi all,

I'm authentication with the ldap-helper "squid_ldap_auth" against an
active directory. I can specify two credentials-ttls:

One is possible in the "auth_param"-directive:
auth_param basic credentialsttl 2 hour

The other one looks like this:
authenticate_ttl 1 hour

What is the difference between this two options? Which option will be
used, when I use the squid_ldap_auth-helper?

Is the "authenticate_cache_garbage_interval" also possible, when I
authenticate aginst an active-directory? Or is this directive in this
case useless?

Thanks a lot for your help.
Tom