Re: [squid-users] Squid restarts because of icap problem

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 11:50:55 +1300

On Tue, 16 Feb 2010 11:56:08 -0800 (PST), akinf
<fatih.akin_at_turkcellteknoloji.com.tr> wrote:
> In squid logs , i get the following error. I configured squid to connect
> to a
> java based applicaiton
> through icap. But squid gets error for some requests and restarts when
it
> gets the following errro.
> Please help
>
> assertion failed: BodyPipe.cc:339: "checkout.checkedOutSize ==
> currentSize"
> 2010/02/15 17:45:27| Starting Squid Cache version 3.1.0.8 for
> x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu...

... maybe an RTFM will help?

(1)
 http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/BugReporting
   "Please note that:
    * bug reports are only processed if they can be reproduced or
identified in the current ... development versions of Squid.
    * If you are running an older version of Squid the first response will
be to ask you to upgrade unless the developer who looks at your bug report
immediately can identify that the bug also exists in the current versions."
[in which case its already reported so the bugzilla needs to be checked and
read]

 http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v3/3.1/
   "Daily auto-generated release. This is the most recent working code
committed to the SQUID_3_1.
    squid-3.1.0.16-20100215 Feb 15 2010"

Beta code changes fast enough that anything older than 8 weeks is not
supported. Issues that are not verified as existing in the most current
release snapshot get triaged to 'ignore until proven/ more info required /
upgrade required' status.

Also ...

(2)
http://www.squid-cache.org/Support/contact.dyn:
 "For reporting bugs and build issues in the BETA and HEAD code releases
please use the squid-dev list."

http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/
 "If you have any problems with a development release please write to our
squid-bugs_at_squid-cache.org or squid-dev_at_squid-cache.org lists. DO NOT write
to squid-users with code-related problems."

Amos