Re: [squid-users] squidaio_queue_request: WARNING - Queue congestion

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 14:51:26 +1300

On Wed, 17 Feb 2010 10:33:27 -0800, Tory M Blue <tmblue_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 7:38 PM, Tory M Blue <tmblue_at_gmail.com> wrote:
>>> /usr/local/squid/etc/squid/squid.conf ??

>>> I'm just thinking if there is actually another config being loaded,
any
>>> optimizations in the non-loaded one are useless.
>>>
>>> Amos
>>
> Ahh
>
> Appears squid by design, loads a lot of default params, before it
> actually reads the config file. So the parse lines are repeated for
> various items, the default and than your configs from squid.conf. Just
> needed to look farther down the debug output. So that is a red
> herring.

Phew.

> Need to figure out this queue congestion as SSD's and a sleeping box.
> I'm missing something
> Tory

"Sleeping"? I hope that was just a word you added ... Suddenly pushing N
directory and file reads at a disk which is in sleep mode would cause an
immediately extreme queue buildup.
We have no experience with handling squid loads in such a case and I doubt
it would be fully clean.

Anyway, the -X trace should have a lot of garbage and some deep details
about what exactly is being queued to happen.

Henrik seems to have re-appeared and he has more disk IO experience then
me so may have an idea whet to look for ... ?

Amos