[squid-users] regarding caching and replication

From: senthil <senthilkumaar2021_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 18:06:45 +0530

Henrik Nordström wrote:
> tor 2010-02-18 klockan 14:56 +0530 skrev senthil:
>

>> We can copy the contents of cache directory of Squid1 to Squid2 but the
>> problem here is that the copied data has to be indexed by squid2.
>>

> I would set squid2 as a sibling peer to Squid1 using cache digests,
> allowing it to fetch content from Squid1 to populate it's cache as
> needed.
>
> Regards
> Henrik

Hello Hen,

Thanks for the reply

In the scenario we are using Squid as reverse proxy

Using cache digest is good,is it possible to generate the request for
the cached objects defined in the cached digest from squid2

i.e.,squid2 getting cached objects from squid1 with the help of cache
digest information in squid2

By using " squidclient -h ipofparentsquid(172.16.1.15) -m GET
http://www.xxx.com/dd.gif " we are able to see the details of cached
object in encrypted format

By using the squidclient command is there is any possibility to get
cached objects to the squid2 from squid1 using cache digest information.

regards
senthil