Re: [squid-users] Automated configuration of the Machines browser clients

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2010 15:29:20 +1300

Oscar Renato Gonzalez wrote:
> English Version
> I configured squid 2.7 on debian to authenticate users against
> Microsoft Active Directory which is running under a Windows 2003
> server.
> So far everything is working well.
>
> The problem I am trying to solve, for automating the configuration of
> client machines. For example a machine have belonged to the domain
> "tudominio.com" no need to configure your browser (Example IE,
> Firefox) to use the proxy. The idea is to have the default proxy
> settings and mischievous users from changing these settings.
>
> I was trying to solve the problem and I read the following links
> http://blog.freyguy.com/archives/2006/03/01/proxy-auto-detect-ie-and-firefox/
> http://www.soo1.net/AutoProxy.html
> http://www.perlmonks.org/?node_id=537686
>
> If someone has worked in search of the same, I would be grateful any
> comments, links, tips, workarounds.
>
> NOTE: Do not try to configure Squid in transparent mode do I need user
> authentication

The details we know of for WPAD to the various browser can all be found
at these two pages:
   http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/ConfiguringBrowsers
   http://wiki.squid-cache.org/Technology/WPAD

nobody has yet contributed the details for pushing out the WPAD settings
through Windows Domain Controller auto-configuration.

Amos

--
Please be using
   Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.16