Re: [squid-users] GZIP and Squid on a high performance website?

From: Gerrit Berkouwer <gerritberkouwer_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 22:07:45 +0100

Henrik,

let me get this straight: do you suggest to turn GZIP on on Apache, so
2 files exist on Apache, and then let Squid simply serve and cache
these 2 files? Or is that not possible with Squid? This is something I
cannot find the answer to anywhere! :-)

What do you mean by "make sure your authoring system updates both"? Do
you mean that Apache wll not recognize new content by itself and thus
make a brand new .gz file every time the content changes?

Thanks, greetings, Gerrit