Re: [squid-users] Problem with squid 3.1

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 15:38:08 +1300

On Tue, 23 Feb 2010 21:05:22 -0300, Bruno de Oliveira Bastos
<kidboy_at_brturbo.com.br> wrote:
> Hi i have a baisc squid 3.1, with only one http_access to localnet, i
> try to access www.bradescoseguros.com.br, but everytime i use proxy
> with this site, its very slow, without proxy its ok. I really dont
> know why, if someone can help me, i try this in 3 different places,
> with 3 diffetent connections and nothing.

Major DNS problems with that website.

### time host www.bradescoseguros.com.br
www.bradescoseguros.com.br has address 200.159.226.21

real 0m28.422s
user 0m0.016s
sys 0m0.012s

### time host -t SOA www.bradescoseguros.com.br

real 0m14.045s
user 0m0.020s
sys 0m0.008s

Consistently 25+ seconds to find the IP address.
 40+ seconds to fetch the front page.
 30+ seconds to fetch each of 41 images, scripts and other bits in side
that page.

link direct to the IP found)

NP: Browsers use a huge amount of parallel connections when connecting
directly, and throttle that back to only a few when using a proxy. The
fewer connections used the slower pages like this with huge numbers of
objects will load.

Amos