Re: [squid-users] Via directive

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 01:28:06 +1300

Developer wrote:
> Hello,
> Via directive do not work in my version of squid:
> - parseOneConfigFile: squid.conf:110 unrecognized: 'via'
> I suppose that is not compiled with --enable-http-violations.
>
> I tried to remove squid signature with httpd_suppress_version_string
> (suppose for errors)

For anywhere where specific version string is highly useful but not
required.

> But I can see it in Via header.I want remove squid signature.
>
> ¿Another solution that recompile with --enable-http-violations?

No. RFC 2616 defines how Via: headers are treated.

Altering that is a violation and Squid needs to be built with HTTP
violations enabled to break the Internet standards.

httpd_suppress_version_string should have been reducing
"(Squid/<version>)" down to just "(Squid)"

Why your obsession with the removal?

Amos

--
Please be using