Re: [squid-users] How to configure squid2.7 to allow https

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 12:24:14 +1300

On Wed, 24 Feb 2010 17:39:17 -0500, "Ho, Oiling"
<oiling.ho_at_credit-suisse.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I add the following line to my squid.conf:
>
> https_port 3129 cert=c:/squid/sbin/cert.pem key=c:/squid/sbin/key.pem
>
> But I am unable to connect to the internet using https, and http works
> fine, does anyone know why?
>
> Thanks,
> Oiling

http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/config/https_port/
"The socket address where Squid will listen for HTTPS client requests.

This is really only useful for situations where you are running
squid in accelerator mode and you want to do the SSL work at the
accelerator level."

Does your browser use HTTPS to communicate with squid? no then this option
is not for you.

HTTPS requests are normally sent inside CONNECT requests. These are
permitted by the default config. See
http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/config/http_access/

Oh yes, nearly forgot, just in case...
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/OrderIsImportant