Re: [squid-users] Re: squid crashing

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 11:48:26 +1300

tcygne wrote:
> Your kidding, right? That was sudo apt-get squid3 just a little while ago. So
> it is ubuntu's most recent version in their repos. I suppose I could
> download and compile my own squid3 with the most recent stable. I'm a little
> squeemish about breaking stuff right now. I may need to wait until the
> spring break or summer break while there are no classes in session. I was
> planning to go to ubuntu 10.4 at that time anyway.

Unfortunately no joke. Most recent version packaged varies between
distros as to when they do the packaging and how often a major distro
release happens.
Ubuntu still has 3.0.STABLE1 as the only option in Hardy repos etc.
Karmic (9.10) looks to be is the oldest Ubuntu to include the fix for
your bug.

Debian packages can usually cross squid packages over the repos (stable
with bits from unstable or testing) without expecting issues. But I'm
not sure if that fits the same for the Ubuntu re-builds.

"squid3 -v" or "dpkg --list|grep squid" will tell you exactly what
version and release of Squid you are working with.

Amos

--
Please be using
   Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.17