Re: [squid-users] Squid - Squidguard ssl pages error code 404

From: <michel_at_casa.co.cu>
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2010 21:08:03 -0500

Marcus Kool <marcus.kool_at_urlfilterdb.com> escribió:

> Michel,
>
> Proxies are the URL filter circumventors, so if you like
> to use a URL filter, you should always block proxies.
>
> Henrik stated in a separate response that some browsers have
> problems with HTTP 302 redirect responses. I have no access
> to all types of web browsers, and Microsoft Internet Explorer
> has indeed problems (displays a vague error) and Firefox 3.0.6
> has no problem.
>
> You may also want to look at ufdbGuard, a free alternative
> for squidGuard which has more features like
> Safesearch enforcement, HTTPS connection verification for
> proper SSL certificates and use of FQDNs.
>
> Marcus

Hi Marcus

Just use firefox for my tests.

This variant you show me, very interesting of course is totally free,
but its database does not strike me, though I wondered if it was
possible to use the same database that I use with squidguard?

But from what I read seems to not work. in this case could send me or
put in a great site or ftp.

On the site mention that you have to pay for it, but if I sign I
suppose I can get a portion of this.

Someone will have the full version but this outdated???

Thanks

Michel

Webmail, servicio de correo electronico
Casa de las Americas - La Habana, Cuba.