[squid-users] squid mysql authentication

From: Taco Walstra <tacowalstra_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2010 16:36:30 +0100

Hi,
I'm trying to get mysql authentication working, but I'm stuck. Any help
is very welcome.
I use squid 3.0 from an opensuse 11.1 distro. It's running on 3128
standard port and I redirect with iptables all requests to squid.
Squid.conf contains a http_port 3128 transparent line and everything
works in the standard way: Requests from a different computer are passed
to the standard webpage if acl localnet src 192.168.2.0/24 is used and
when changed to something else access is denied.
So far so good.
Now I added:
auth_param basic program /usr/sbin/squid_db_auth --user bla --password
bla --plaintext --persist
with additional lines as described on the website, but I only get access
denied as reply.
When using the squid_db_auth perl script on a commandline it works fine
with the mysql database: (using "testuser test" gets a OK)
How does this work? I would suspect some login popup, or do I need to
supply credentials as argument somehow?