Re: [squid-users] acl issue

From: Rick Coloccia <coloccia_at_geneseo.edu>
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2010 08:56:22 -0500

For the record, I worked this out. It turns out that the ACL must be
defined in squid.conf BEFORE the cache_access_log directive.

This is not clear from what appears in /var/log/messages:
Bungled squid.conf line 710: access_log /var/log/squid/access.log squid
dontlog

BUT
when I did this:
/usr/sbin/squid -k reconfigure

I got this extra piece of troubleshooting information:
2010/03/04 08:51:34| ACL name 'dontlog' not defined!

And that's what lead me to moving the acl declaration above the logging
directive.

Henrik, thanks for the assurance that I had my syntax correct.

-Rick

--
Rick Coloccia, Jr.
Network Manager