Re: [squid-users] Help about ICAP ACL: ACL is used but there is no HTTP reply

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik_at_henriknordstrom.net>
Date: Sat, 06 Mar 2010 21:23:05 +0100

lör 2010-03-06 klockan 14:46 +0100 skrev David Touzeau:

> my goal is the ICAP server is an antivirus but send Big Files to ICAP
> server will reduce dramatically performances.
> These ACL are used to deny SQUID to send some files to the ICAP server
> antivirus.

Unfortunately this is not currently easy to accomplish with Squid as
icap_access is being evaluated early on the request only with no access
to the response information, forming the ICAP processing chain of the
request/response before forwarding is started.

In most ICAP setups this decision is usually made by the ICAP server
using the preview function of ICAP. This allows the ICAP server to
promptly say "thanks but I am not interested in processing this
message". So perhaps you can configure your icap antivirus server to
scan according to your guidelines instead.