Re: [squid-users] Squid 3.1.0.17<--> Google/YouTube "(101) Network is unreachable",, error???

From: Jan Houtsma <list_at_houtsma.net>
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2010 19:49:41 +0100

Op 9-3-2010 19:03, Kinkie schreef:
> On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 4:58 PM, Jan Houtsma <list_at_houtsma.net> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Squid has always been working fine. All websites, except Google, still
>> work fine! As far as i know nothing changed on my part, except the
>> weekly Fedora updates.
>>
>> My internal users get this "(101) Network is unreachable" error message
>> when they go through the proxy. My iptables allows ALL outgoing
>> connections.
>> When they hit "Reload" or ^R the page loads fine. But after a while when
>> they go to google again they get the same error. Hit ^R and it works again.
>> When bypassing the proxy, the connection also works fine!
>>
>> Only with Google! Other websites work fine!
>>
>> When i jump to the squid server and issue a wget to
>> http://www.google.com with and without the proxy i get following results:
>>
> Have you tied wget'ting from the server itself?
> Maybe there are intermittent network issues from that box..
> Google uses advanced load-balancing techniques, so it may also happen
> that the servers reached by the proxy are different from the ones
> reached by the client..

Yes. The wget was from the squid server itself where using the proxy it
fails, and using direct internet connection it works.

That's why i am stuck. If i could reproduce network problems without
squid then i would know where to fix it (probably).

So when squid is forwarding the http-GET request it fails. But when wget
itself sends the http-GET request it works.

Very strange.

--
jan