Re: [squid-users] Youtube and BBC iPlayer

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 01:19:09 +1300

twinturbo_at_f2s.com wrote:
> Our bandwidth is been eaten by teachers showing Youtube and BBC iPlayer,
>
> Is there a way to get S3.0.19 to effectivly cache this content?

I'm not sure about iPlayer.

YouTube is cachable by removing the default rules blocking dynamic stuff
being cached. The storeurl feature from 2.7 designed to reduce
duplicates is not available in 3.0, so the benefit is not great there.

If it is a big problem, I'd suggest going to 2.7 and using the FAQ
config examples about YouTube until we have that feature ported.
Or sponsoring someone to do the port for you :) it's not huge.

Amos

--
Please be using
   Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.17