[squid-users] R: [squid-users] R: [squid-users] Failed to select source

From: Riccardo Castellani <r.castellani_at_usl6.toscana.it>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 16:25:44 +0100

I updated the following entry in this way and now it works FINE ( no warning
logs in cache.log) :
acl psvirt dst A.B.C.D ==> acl psvirt dstdomain page.example.com

so I have:

http_port A.B.C.D:80 accel vhost defaultsite=HostA:8080
cache_peer HostA parent 8080 0 no-query originserver name=PSAccel
acl psvirt dstdomain page.example.com
http_access allow psvirt
cache_peer_access PSAccel allow psvirt
cache_peer_access PSAccel deny all

If I understood, Squid search 'host' header in the client request but if
client fails to send this header, Squid assumes the domain specified by
defaultsite.
But when client fails to send 'host' header ? And if I delete
"defaultsite=HostA:8080" what happens ?

> ... there is a great risk that 8080 port number
> leaks out to clients in various situations

I don't understand what you want to say.
This web server (HostA) is only accessible from intern. network by link on
another server which references to HostA:8080, while fro external network by
Squid Accelerator mechanism.

Thank you very much for your help