Re: [squid-users] squid redirection to local apache

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2010 21:56:35 +1300

jayesh chavan wrote:
> Hi,
> I can access my apache server from local browser.But redirection to
> it using squid not working.My redirect program is:
>
> #!c:/perl/bin/perl.exe
> # enable buffer autoflush
> $|=1;
> # read from standard input
> while (<>) {
> # perform string substitution:
>
> s@http://www.ewq.com@http://127.0.0.1@;
> # print result to standard output
> print;
> }
>

> Regards,
> Jayesh

Please do forget your obsession with "redirect".

Several of us have already explained what you need to configure to reach
your stated goal. Re-writing URLs is not part of the way to making it work.

What that script you posted does (in a very inefficient way) is the same
as this that you have already been told you needed to do:

  cache_peer 127.0.0.1 parent 80 0 name=local
  acl ewq dstdomain www.ewq.com
  cache_peer_access allow local ewq

Amos

--