Re: [squid-users] Websites not loading correctly

From: Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar_at_fantomas.sk>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 14:27:04 +0100

On 12.03.10 00:52, Alex Marsal wrote:
> But why a broken website is displayed properly in the same browser
> without squid and is not working with squid? Is an online bank website
> broken?

It's quite possible (and apparently also quite common) that someone makes
website broken in the way that it works OK when accessing directly,
but breaks when using proxy.

There are webmasters who don't care about their site correctness but are
satisfied when it works with their configuration and whenever you complain,
they reply "use browser xxx" etc. and put "requirements" info on the site.

The best you can do is find out what _exactly_ is broken when you access via
squid.

Is it possible for you to download the page directly and through proxy, and
then display differences?

Or is it possible to look directly at the script that appears broken to see
if it's any different?

Or is there any possibility you use kind of object or path rewriting (icap,
ecap, URL rewriter) that could lead to these errors?

He who laughs last thinks slowest.