Re: Re: [squid-users] transparent squid + clamav + https

From: Trever L. Adams <trever.adams_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 05:55:18 -0600

On 01/-10/-28163 12:59 PM, Henrik Nordström wrote:
> Yes. See the "viralator" mode of c-icap srv_clamav.
> The service supports 3 different modes of download management
>
> - Wait with response until scanning have completed
> - Send some data of the file while scanning is performed to keep the
> client patiently waiting.
> - "viralator" mode showing progress while scanning is done, and then
> redirecting to a "download" URL when complete
>
> The problem with viralator mode is that it may break some things as it
> responds with another response while scanning.
>
> Regards
> Henrik

Using acls in Squid, this can be avoided. I am doing that here and allow
things like Trend Micro, Microsoft, Mozilla, etc. update services (based
on whatever criteria I can which is most restrictive) to us the some
data mode, everything else is Viralator mode.

Trever

--
"Anger is momentary madness." -- Horace