Re: [squid-users] Blocking or allowing specific arbitrary request headers in squid-3.1.

From: Henrik Nordström <henrik_at_henriknordstrom.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 23:02:18 +0100

tis 2010-03-16 klockan 21:46 +0000 skrev Amos Jeffries:

> Rant: I for one got tired of handling complaints because application X
> would not work through Squid when the admin stripped away all it's
> proprietary headers.

Another Rant:

Most admins I have spoken to which uses this say they do this for
"security & privacy reasons", but in nearly all cases they do allow
cookies which throws most of that out anyway. And as a consequence in
reality they are just crashing things with no added security or privacy
for their users.

Of all the setups I have inspected only ONE used it mostly correct.. but
that same setup also uses a whitelist for what sites the users is at all
allowed to visit, blocking every other site.