Re: [squid-users] Cancelled downloads

From: Marcello Romani <mromani_at_ottotecnica.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 15:59:06 +0100

CASALI COMPUTERS - Michele Brodoloni ha scritto:
> Hello,
> is it possible to stop squid from keep downloading a file when a user stops the download from his browser?
> If an user initiates a 1GB of web download and then hits “cancel”, squid doesn’t mind it and continues to download until it finishes, and this is a waste of bandwidth.
>
> Is there a solution for this behavior?
>
> Thanks

Hallo,
     I have the same problem here. I have set quick_abort_min and _max
to 0 to avoid any (useless, in my situation) download.

But what to do with downloads that have been interrupted before the
config change ?

I.e., I have now 5-6 huge iso file that are beign downloaded by squid as
leftover from previous interrupted downloads.

Can I tell squid to abort them via some kind of administrative interface
(cachemgr doesn't seem to provie such command) or should I go the
iptables route ?

Thanks in advance.

--
Marcello Romani